Why does Thrifty Tax collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information primarily to enable us to provide our Quantity Surveying, property depreciation reporting, and related services (the Services) to you. Thrifty Tax may also use this information to promote or market its, or its related business, current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Thrifty Tax collect?
Thrifty Tax only collects your personal information it requires to provide you the Services or to promote or advertise Thrifty Tax’s current or future services. The types of information Thrifty Tax collects include your name, address, personal and/or work contact details and payment details as well as information regarding property, assets and finances that are required to provide the relevant service to you.
If you ask Thrifty Tax to help you determine which of the Services best suits your needs, Thrifty Tax may ask you to provide it with additional personal information.
Importantly, Thrifty Tax does not collect any personal information it does not need.
How does Thrifty Tax collect my personal information?
Your personal information will usually be collected by Thrifty Tax when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Thrifty Tax;
- Request that we provide you with the Services;
- Access or request information from or through Thrifty Tax’s website.
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, Thrifty Tax may collect personal information about you from third parties including credit reporting agencies or your accountant.
In relation to the use of the Thrifty Tax website, Thrifty Tax may collect personal information through:
- Third party tracking and tag manager software. These are used to install, manage and update all tracking tags and Thrifty Tax uses all features available in these platforms. They may result in the collection of the following types of information:
- General app usage, including button clicks, page views, general location of users
- Demographics and interests of users
- Number of downloads and installs by device (android and apple) and by campaign
- Crashes and exception reporting.
- Thrifty Tax have implemented and use Display Advertising
- Thrifty Tax use Remarketing with Google Analytics and Bing Ads to advertise online
- Third-party vendors, including Google and Bing Ads, show Thrifty Tax ads on sites across the Internet
- Thrifty Tax and third-party vendors, including Google and Bing Ads, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website
- Users can opt out by utilising Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On
(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ ) and/or Ads Preferences Manager
What if you don’t provide Thrifty Tax the personal information it requires?
If you can’t or won’t provide Thrifty Tax with the personal information it reasonably requires, Thrifty Tax may be unable to provide you the information or Services you wish to receive or use.
How does Thrifty Tax use my information?
Thrifty Tax uses your personal information to:
- Provide you with the Services;
- Determine which of the Services best suit your needs; and
- Promote and market Thrifty Tax’s current and future products and services to you; and
- Conduct research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning, Thrifty Tax’s current and future products and services.
Thrifty Tax will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes as authorised by the Privacy Act 1988. That includes where we collected the information from you and you would reasonably expect the information to be used for direct marketing. In all other circumstances we would only use your personal information with your consent or where it is impracticable to obtain that consent. In all direct marketing correspondence sent to you we will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
Thrifty Tax will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- You authorise Thrifty Tax to do so;
- Your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
- Thrifty Tax is required or permitted by law.
Thrifty Tax sends personal information to recipients overseas as required when providing its services to you. The countries to which personal information is sent varies depending on the circumstances.
Is my personal information secure?
Thrifty Tax takes all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information it holds is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. Thrifty Tax only permits its authorised personnel to access your personal information.
The Internet is not a secure environment.
Thrifty Tax takes reasonable steps to ensure the information you send Thrifty Tax is, to the extent reasonably possible, secure and protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
The Thrifty Tax website may contain links to other websites. Thrifty Tax is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites. Thrifty Tax makes no warranty as to the accuracy or content of those linked sites, or that such links will remain current or be maintained.
Thrifty Tax Depreciation wants to ensure that you can make payments with complete confidence online. When making payments on thrifty.tax your financial details including your credit card number is passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology. SSL encryption is the industry standard and helps protect your personal details online. If you have any questions regarding any of our policies, please get in touch with our privacy officer at thrifty.tax/contact