If you own a rental property, you may be eligible to claim depreciation on the wear and tear of the building each financial year that you continue to rent it out. To claim depreciation, you will need a tax depreciation schedule which thrifty tax can provide; below outlines the process to ensure it will be worth your money and time.
- Check that your property qualifies for depreciation. Check using the link below if your property is eligible. Purchasing a tax depreciation schedule will be worthwhile if your property is eligible to claim depreciation. Any accidental purchases that fail to qualify for depreciation will be refunded.
Get a Free Quote
- Choose your package type. We offer two types of packages. The budget package is the self-assess option for investors who know exactly what is in the property and need the lowest price. You provide all the property details, and one of our quantity surveyors will review your self-generated report to ensure it is ATO-compliant.
The second option is our express package for investors who want to ensure they receive maximum deductions and don’t know all the details about their investment property. One of our quantity surveyors will prepare your ATO-compliant tax depreciation schedule by means of a desktop survey.
If you aren’t sure which package is right for you, click ‘Help me choose‘ on the order page.
- Order your tax depreciation schedule. Fill out what details you can using our order form, including renovation costs, floor plans and/or photos. Depending on the package you choose will determine how much information you must provide.
- Allow some time for us to prepare your schedule. We will assess the property via a desktop survey using your information and an online paid real estate database to capture as much depreciation as possible in your report.
- Receive your report and claim deductions. Once your report is complete, we will email it to your inbox. This report will contain the tax depreciation schedule that allows you to claim depreciation on the investment property. The report is simple to use; however, we recommend sending it to your accountant to ensure you correctly claim your deductions. You will only need this one report for the lifetime of the investment property. The report is also future-proof and can be amended should you renovate your investment property.